Eastlabs accelerator is committed to protecting your privacy.
1. What is personal information?
Personal information is information that personally identifies an individual. Personal information may include a person's name, mailing address, telephone number, title, employer, interests and email address.
2. How we collect personal information?
Eastlabs collects personal information in a number of ways including:
- directly from you, when you provide information online or in a form, or when you submit your personal details through Eastlabs' website;
- from third parties such as Eastlabs' related companies, partners, mentors, agencies or your representatives; or
- from publicly available sources of information.
Where you interact with us via our website, we may automatically collect the IP address, internet service provider used to contact our site and various other parameters of the connection(s) made to our site. This information is used to administer and improve the performance of our site. Some of web pages also use 'cookies'. Most browsers allow you to control these 'cookies'. You may choose to access the site without use of 'cookies' but it may reduce the user experience and require you to re-enter certain information.
Where we collect personal information about you from a third party source, we will take reasonable steps to contact you and ensure that you are aware of the purposes for which we are collecting your personal information and the organisations to which we might disclose your personal information.
3. Notice of collection and how we use your personal information
Eastlabs collects personal information directly from you for one of the following purposes:
- to provide information or services to you;
- to promote and market Eastlabs, including its people and activities to you;
- for research purposes;
- to assess, receive, manage or terminate receipt services from you or the organisation which employs you;
- to assess, manage and terminate joint ventures and collaborative projects;
- as required by law;
- purposes related or ancillary to the main reason we collect it;
- other purposes which are related to (or, in the case of sensitive information, directly related to) the primary purpose of collection which you would reasonably expect.
4. When we disclose your personal information
We may transfer personal information to organisations outside Eastlabs including related companies of Eastlabs, its mentors and partners, third parties who assist us in achieving the purpose (as set out in the purpose statement) or to whom we have outsourced various business functions.
In some cases, these third parties may reside outside Ukraine. In each case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third parties protect your personal information in a similar way to Eastlabs.
In addition, Eastlabs may disclose your personal information to:
- your authorised representatives or legal advisors (e.g. when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Eastlabs professional advisors including its accountants, auditors and lawyers; and
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law.
We do not disclose personal information we collect to third parties for the purposes of allowing them to direct market their products and services.
If you do not provide information which we request, then we may not be able to or may not be willing to fulfil the applicable purpose of collection. For example, we may not provide you with appropriate information or services or may not consider an application or proposal by you.
5. Gaining access to information we hold about you
Subject to any exceptions allowed by law, Eastlabs will, on request, provide you with access to the personal information we hold about you. Your request to obtain access will be dealt with in a reasonable time. If Eastlabs refuses to provide you with access to the information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal.
6. Keeping your personal information up to date
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete, and up to date whenever we collect or use it. If you find that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, please contact us immediately and we will take reasonable steps to correct this information, or if necessary, we will discuss alternative action with you.
7. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect any personal information that we hold from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Your personal information may be stored either in hardcopy documents, as electronic data, or in Eastlabs' software or systems. Eastlabs will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for the purpose for which the information was collected.
8. Our privacy practices in relation to emails
Eastlabs stores email messages on the service provider's mail server. The details captured are date, sender, receiver, subject, size of email message, routing information and group that sender belongs to. This information may be "de-identified" (so that it can no longer be used to identify any individual) and then used in its de-identified form for internal research purposes and aesthetic purposes approved through applicable Eastlabs processes. Further, if an investigation is necessary, Eastlabs, a law enforcement agency or other government agency may inspect the above information for the purposes of the investigation. We will not otherwise use or disclose the above information except in accordance with applicable laws.
9. Unsolicited Commercial Email - SPAM
Eastlabs does not send commercial electronic messages unless the relevant electronic account holder consents or Eastlabs is otherwise permitted to send them. Eastlabs includes information about Eastlabs and an unsubscribe facility in commercial electronic messages it sends. Where you provide your email address to Eastlabs using the Eastlabs website (for instance, by sending an electronic message or by completing a web form), we will only use your email address for the purposes for which you provided it or agreed it may be used. Your email address will not be subscribed to a mailing list without your consent. If you subscribe to an Eastlabs mailing list, you will be sent a confirmation message before your email address is added to the mailing list.
Eastlabs does not use any address harvesting software. Nor does it use any lists directly or indirectly derived from use of address harvesting software.
10. How to contact us?
We will respond to your query or complaint as soon as possible and will try to resolve any complaint as soon as possible.